The treatment is carried out with a laser beam that heats the underlying capillary without damaging surrounding skin or tissue. Subsequently the capillary/rosacea decreases gradually.
Number of treatments: Commonly it takes 4-6 treatments to get rid of broken capillaries in the facial area and a minimum of 6 treatments to get rid of broken capillaries on legs. When treating rosacea, 6-10 treatments are commonly needed to see good results. A month should pass between treatments.
After treatment: Heat and swelling can be felt in the treatment area immediately after treatment and can last from 1-2 days and up to a week, depending on the treatment area. In some cases blisters, wounds and scab may form after treatment. It is a completely normal reaction, but it is important to let the scab heal fully for optimal results. It is recommended to apply a healing lotion on the treatment area for a few days afterwards and follow strict hygienic measures to prevent infections. Use of support pants for at least a week after treatment is also recommended on broken capillaries on legs.
For optimal results after treatment on broken capillaries on legs the following is recommended:
Wear socks/tights with good support for at least one week.
· Avoid standing or sitting for long periods of time.
· Avoid letting the legs hang down if possible.
· Avoid crossing the legs.
· Skip physical exercise for 3 days.
· Apply a healing lotion on the treatment area twice a day for one week.
· Avoid sun exposure and tanning beds for at least one week.
· Avoid going to the swimming pool for 1-2 days, depending on the treatment form.
· Use sunscreen (at least SPF 30) for at least one week.